In 2021, the U.S. saw the hottest summer on record. With this year’s summer right around the corner, now is the time for some maintenance to keep your mobile offices cool and functional. To help get you started, we’ve compiled 5 easy ways to prepare your mobile office for summer and keep your team healthy and comfortable, even on the hottest days.
1. Clean Your Office – Clean dust and other debris from all windowsills, fans, vents and A/C units in your mobile office to allow fresh air to flow without obstructions. Simply cleaning your office can make all the difference in improving your air quality and keeping your space cool.
2. Check Air Filters – Staying up-to-date on your A/C unit maintenance is another way to keep your team cool and healthy through the summer heat. In many cases, you can resolve A/C issues yourself with simple cleaning and part replacement. For major A/C repairs or maintenance, it’s best to contact your mobile office provider or a trained and qualified HVAC technician for assistance.
3. Arrange Your Office for Air Flow – To allow for fresh air to easily move in and out of your mobile office, try moving any large furniture items away from A/C units, windows and vents. Leave room for air to move freely around the office, and utilize indoor fans to improve the flow. Whenever possible, try to keep doors closed to keep the cool air inside the office.
4. Restock Office Essentials – Now is the perfect time to check your inventory and replenishing items in your office supply room or break room, especially water bottles or water coolers. Having cold water easily accessible in your mobile office is key to keeping your team hydrated and preventing heat stroke.
5. Prepare for Hurricane Season – Before hurricane season kicks off in June, it’s essential to prepare your mobile office for any storms ahead. Our hurricane preparedness checklist outlines a few steps you can take now to keep your crew and mobile office trailer safe.
When you take the time to prepare your office trailer, you help workers stay focused on meeting their deadlines and completing projects, without distractions. These tips should provide you with a starting point for keeping your team prepared for whatever this summer throws their way. For more ways to upgrade your mobile office and maintain a safe workplace, give our team of experts a call.