With the ongoing global pandemic and the start of allergy and flu season quickly approaching in parts of North America, now is the time to think about what you can do to improve the air quality in your mobile office. Here are a few steps you can take.
- Service Your HVAC/Ventilation System – Periodically have your HVAC/ventilation filters changed, coils cleaned and any obstructions removed from drain pans. Changing the filter once a month is a good starting point. If your system allows it, use MERV13 or higher rated filters.
- Clean Your Office – Sanitize common areas, dust surfaces and vacuum or mop the floors of your mobile office on a weekly basis to improve air quality.
- Install Window Screens – Let fresh air filter through your mobile office by adding screens and frequently opening windows.
- Inspect All Exhausts – Make sure all exhausts ports on your mobile office are clear and working properly.
- Add Air Purifying Plants – Place easy-to-grow, air purifying plants such as pothos, peace lilies and snake plants around your office to help remove toxins in the air.
- Use an Air Purifier – Plug in an air purifier to remove allergens and other harmful particles in the air. HEPA filters are preferred as they capture even the smallest particles.
- Set Up Fans – Use fans to circulate the air only in single occupancy rooms. According to the World Health Organization, you should not use fans in common areas where several people are present.