Maintaining a safe jobsite for your team starts with the workspace you provide. Taking measures to improve air quality in your mobile office can help keep your workers safe, healthy and comfortable on the job, allowing them to focus on the task at hand. This is especially important in areas prone to wildfires or near large urban centers that often experience poor air quality.
To help keep your team safe onsite, especially from allergies, airborne illnesses and air pollutants, now is the perfect time to think about improving the air quality in your mobile workspace. Below are a few easy steps you can take now to help provide the optimal space for your team.
- Service Your HVAC/Ventilation System – Periodically have your HVAC/ventilation filters changed, coils cleaned and any obstructions removed from drain pans. Changing the filter once a month is a good starting point. If your system allows it, use MERV13 or higher-rated filters.
- Clean Your Office – Sanitize common areas, dust surfaces and vacuum or mop the floors of your mobile office on a weekly basis to improve air quality.
- Install Window Screens – Let fresh air filter through your mobile office by adding screens and frequently opening windows.
- Inspect All Exhausts – Make sure all exhaust ports on your mobile office are clear and working correctly to ensure the quality of airflow throughout your office.
- Use a Portable Air Purification System – Wildfires, airborne illnesses and air pollutants are common threats to the air quality in many communities. Portable air purification systems are an office essential that can help mitigate smoke and other air pollutants to help keep your workers safe, healthy and focused on the job.
- Add Air Purifying Plants – Place easy-to-grow, air-purifying plants such as pothos, peace lilies and snake plants around your office to help remove toxins in the air.
- Set Up Fans – Use fans to circulate the air in single-occupancy or shared rooms. This can help enhance the airflow of your mobile office and eliminate any odors present in the unit.
Whether it’s improving your air quality, equipping your office with the right essentials or optimizing your unit with a fully-customized workspace, we’ve got you covered. Speak to one of our experts to learn how to add or reconfigure your space to meet your team’s needs.