Finding the right mobile office for your next project can be a time consuming process. Researching the different variety of sizes, configurations and prices for each type of office, all while determining your project needs and jobsite space, which can be time consuming to research, especially when you’re on deadline. To help save you time, we’ve broken down 4 steps for finding your ideal modular office.
Your Ideal Mobile Office
From construction to healthcare, mobile office trailers are used in almost every industry to provide affordable, onsite workspace.
- Determine Your Project Needs – What do you plan to use your office space for? Determining how you plan to use your space, from meetings, to event coordination, to onsite patient facilities, can help you decide on the type and size of mobile office you need. Here are a couple of common uses, broken down by industry, for you to consider.
- Construction – office space for crews or entertaining clients; breakrooms and lunchrooms; sales offices; restrooms
- Education – classrooms, administrative offices, libraries, bookstores, computer labs, extracurricular activities, teacher’s lounge, storage
- Healthcare – clinics, labs, pharmacies, doctor offices, screening centers
- Industrial – businesses such as oil and gas, chemical, utilities, manufacturing – offices, guard shacks, restrooms, locker rooms
- Government and civil services – disaster relief, offices, storage, lunchrooms, locker rooms, restrooms
- Hospitality – ticket booths, food service, entertainment suites, administrative offices
- Retail – pop up shops, storage
- Automotive – sales offices, inventory showroom, administrative, remodeling swing space
- Consider Your Team – Evaluating how many team members will be onsite working on your project and what they may need to be ready to work onsite
- How many people on your team will be working in your modular building?
- Will your team need portable or in-unit restrooms onsite?
- Does your team plan to have meetings or onsite training?
- Will your team members need individual office cubicles or collaborative workspaces?
- Assess Your Jobsite – Take time to review your jobsite and determine what size offices you can fit on your current jobsite. Mobile offices come in a variety of sizes and can be stacked up to 3 stories tall or connected side-by-side into a larger modular complex. You can view different mobile office sizes to find the best office for your jobsite footprint.
- Review Your Timeline – If you need immediate office space, you may want to consider renting a furnished space that provides all the desks, chairs, cubicles and other office Essentials needed to get right to work.
The size and layout you choose will depend on the specific needs of your business. Explore WillScot’s wide variety of temporary mobile office and storage solutions to find the perfect fit for your unique needs.