Every year, between August and November, western parts of the U.S. and Canada face the risk of wildfire destruction. To prepare for this time of year, it’s important to take steps to help protect your jobsite and mobile office for before, during and after wildfire season.
BEFORE WILDFIRE SEASON
- Turn on Alerts – Sign your phone up for The Emergency Alert System (EAS) so that you receive text alerts on fire movement.
- Get Insurance – Protect your mobile office and jobsite by purchasing insurance plans that cover damage and liability.
- Stay Aware – Frequently check wildfire maps such as this Public Alert Map to stay on top of moving wildfires and evacuations.
- Create a Jobsite Evacuation Plan – Work with your team to create an evacuation plan in the event of a wildfire emergency.
DURING WILDFIRE SEASON
- Consider Relocating – Seek help with relocating your mobile office if wildfires begin heading towards your jobsite.
- Maintain a Fire Resistant Zone – Clear all leaves, debris and flammable materials that are within 30 feet of your jobsite.
- Know Evacuation Routes – Know your area’s evacuation routes in addition to practicing your own jobsite evacuation plan.
- Safely Store Documents – Keep all important jobsite documents in a safe, fireproof place and create digital copies that are backed to remote locations such as the cloud.
AFTER A WILDFIRE
- Safely Return to Your Jobsite – When it is safe to return, make sure your team wears hard hats, masks, goggles and gloves.
- Document Wildfire Damage – Make sure to safely document and photograph any noticeable damage to your jobsite or mobile office.
- Report Any Issues – Report issues to your insurance once you have documented any damage to your jobsite or mobile office.
- Move Forward – Speak to our WillScot experts for advice on how to get service for your mobile office or repair any damage.
If you require mobile space after a wildfire:
WillScot can quickly replace your existing mobile offices, portable classrooms or storage containers that were damaged or destroyed during a wildfire. Our office trailers and portable storage containers provide reliable solutions for relief efforts, temporary shelter, retail space and office space during rebuilding.