Because of the vital services energy companies provide, they often have remote jobsites that need immediate space. Whether it’s nuclear, hydro, wind, oil or gas, the energy industry often needs temporary space for workers in remote locations. Modular buildings, in particular, mobile office trailers, provide immediate workspace no matter where the next project takes them. Below are a few examples of how modular buildings can fulfill different energy industry needs.
Common Energy Uses for Modular Buildings
- Temporary facilities: Modular buildings are a perfect solution for when a job requires a temporary facility. Renting mobile offices is a cost-effective way to get a temporary site up and running quickly. Quickly configure your offices to meet your specific needs, then adjust them as those needs change over time.
- Remote locations: Often call for resources not readily available nearby. Whether the project is short or long term, setting up mobile office trailers in these remote locations reduces the need for local resources and accelerates setup. When the project is done, modular buildings are easily removed.
- Guard houses: For small projects and immediate security needs, ground-level offices can provide secure guard facilities within a small footprint. They’re also secure, with welded weather-resistant steel exteriors. Ground-level offices come in a variety of different sizes and configurations to meet the size and scope of the security need.
- Relay stations: When outages and emergencies happen, job sites need to be set up quickly to meet the urgent needs of energy providers. Modular offices can come fully equipped with all the Essentials needed to get a response team on the site ASAP, including furniture, tech, security and more. When temporary needs become more permanent, they can also be easily expanded to make larger office complexes.
- Blast Resistant Modules: Constructed of high-gauge steel, blast resistant modules provide safe space within designated blast zones for offices, lunchrooms, restrooms and more. These modules make it easy to keep teams onsite, productive and most importantly, safe. Some can also be stacked and configured to maximize space when space is limited.
In addition to modular buildings, portable storage containers are another common need for the energy industry. Almost any type of site can make use of extra storage, and portable storage units are the perfect way to keep equipment safe and secure on the job. With various sizes and door configurations, steel storage containers can be equipped with additional products like pipe racks, shelf brackets and more. What’s more, they can be delivered quickly and directly to your site, allowing for teams to get to work right away.
From individual trailers to large office complexes, modular buildings and storage containers offer a full range of solutions for an industry that works around the clock, and often in harsh conditions. WillScot can keep workers safe while empowering them to be ready to work.